192.168.1.1 is one of the common DNS Server IPÂ addresses which the routers use as an access point. These servers act as a layer of abstraction for translation between hostname and IP addresses. In the case of routers, these are also where the settings are set-up. With these settings, one can manage security, WPS block, MAC, WLAN settings and various others.
192.168.1.1 Login, Admin Page, Username & Password:
How can you access these settings?
- Make Sure your device is connected to the Router (either on WLAN or LAN).
- Enter 192.168.1.1 in your Browserâs address bar and click Go.
- If you see an error or the address keeps on loading, your network might be using another address. Check the address and use it instead of 192.168.1.1
- Log in with your Admin (or Username) and password in the ADSL Router Login Window.
- In case you have not changed the password or Username, they are the default given in the documentation that comes with the router.
- In case you have changed the password and/or Username and forgotten it, you can press the reset button (a little pushbutton in a cavity below or on the back-side of the router) for about 15 seconds. You would need a pin, a pencil lead or any other thin item to reach to this button. Once the reset is complete, you will be able to use the default Username and Password.
- A successful login leads to the admin portal where you can modify settings.
The administrator should be conscious of these settings if he desires to exploit the complete functionality of a router and establish ethical control over the users of his network.
Netgear Router Login:
Hereâs how to login to your Netgear Router:
- First of all, open the web-browser either from your PC or mobile. Make sure that the computer is connected to the routerâs network.
- Now in the address bar, if the first one doesnât work! If everything goes fine the login window will appear.
In a case in your PC does not show up the login window or itâs GUI interface doesnât work well, you just need to go through a few easy steps:Â Â
If thereâs the above problem while using a Windows PC,
- Press the windows key or click on the same icon on the taskbar.
- Type âcmdâ and go ahead by pressing âEnterâ.
Youâll notice the Command Prompt black colored window opening.
- Type âipconfigâ followed by pressing âEnterâ button.
- Within a fraction of second of your typing, youâll notice âEthernet Adapter Ethernet 2â as the second listed heading. Donât forget to note the IP address in front of the âDefault Gatewayâ, youâll be needing it shortly. An IP address is of the form xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx .
- Type the noted IP address in the address of your default browser. A dialog box asking you of the username and password appears.
If problems in login window arise for Mac users:
- Click on the apple icon and choose âSystem Preferencesâ from the drop-down menu.
- In the dialog box that appears, click on âNetworkâ.
- Youâll find your routerâs IP address in front of âRouter:â. Make sure to make a note of it.
- Now type the same IP address in the address bar of your web browser to get the login dialog box to open.
You are only left to enter router username and password. The default username being admin and the password being password. Both the username and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC home screen appears and you are done with it.